SS Sudan Nile Steamship -10 Days
Every Saturday from Cairo
SS Sudan Nile Steamer Cruise: The Steam Ship Sudan, an authentic steamship built at the dawn of the 20th century, brings turn-of-the-century travel to life again. a Luxury Nile Cruise sailing between Aswan and Luxor on a 10 day itinerary, or an Aswan to Luxor 9 day sail (both tours beginning and ending in Cairo). The Steam Nile Cruise inhabited by the memory of King Fouad who received it as a gift in 1885; the memory of the Belle Époque travellers who used it, or that of Hercule Poirot who Agatha Christie had walking its decks in her writings.Consisting of 21 cabins including 5 suites.
- Meet and greet service by our Representatives at airport(s)
- Assistance of our personnel during your stay, tours and excursions
- All transfers by private a/c deluxe van class
- Flight ticket Cairo to Aswan and Luxor to Cairo with EgyptAir
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Cairo 5* deluxe Hotel with breakfast
- Accommodation for 1 night Aswan 5* deluxe Hotel with breakfast
- Accommodation for 3 nights on board 5* cruise Aswan-Luxor on Full board
- Accommodation for 1 night Luxor 5* deluxe Hotel with breakfast
- Tour to Pyramids, Sphinx, Valley Temple, Sakkara and Memphis
- Tour to Egyptian Museum , Citadel Mosques and Coptic Churches
- Tour to the High Dam and Temple of Philae in Aswan
- Tour to Kom Ombo Temple and Edfu Temple en route
- Tour to Karnak and Luxor Temples on the East bank of the Nile
- Tour to Valley of the Kings , Hatshepsut Temple & Colossi of Memnon
- Lunch meals (open buffet) during tours in Giza / Cairo
- Free Bottled water on board the bus during all tours
- Entrance fees to the sights in Cairo /Aswan / Luxor
- English speaking guide in Cairo / Aswan / Luxor
- Tipping for the cruise staff is included
- Service charges and taxes included throughout the tours
- Free Mobile phone charged against 30 min local calls / 3 min. international calls
- Airfare to and from Egypt
- Optional Activities
- Tipping for Guides and Boat staff
Your Tour Manager will meet and assist you at Cairo International Airport and then escort you to your Hotel by exclusive air-conditioned deluxe vehicle. At the Hotel your Tour Manager will assist with a smooth check-in and review your holiday itinerary with you to establish and confirm pick-up times for each tour. Overnight in Cairo.
Pyramids - Sakkarra Tours
After breakfast you will be accompanied by your personal expert Egyptian Guide to Giza Plateau to visit the Great Pyramids of Cheops, Chefren and Mykerinus - Famous Sphinx and Valley temple facing the great statue. Additional visit to the Solar Boat in front of Cheops Pyramid (extra ticket on spot). Lunch included during the tour and then proceed to Saqqara area to visit Saqqara Complex and first pyramid ever built (Djoser Pyramid). Move to Memphis; Old kingdom's capital and famous Necropolis. Overnight in Cairo.
Cairo Sights - Fly to Luxor
Check out after breakfast at your Hotel in Cairo and then you will be escorted by your private Guide to visit the Egyptian Museum, Treasures room for the child King Tutankhamen, alongside many other fascinating artifacts. Additional visit to the Mummies Room at the Museum (extra ticket on spot). Lunch throughout the tour at a local restaurant, then moving to visit Saladin Citadel including Mohamed Ali Alabaster Mosque inside. Continue to Coptic Cairo to visit the Hanging Church and Ben Ezra Synagogue. Combining fascinating history with shopping in lively Khan El Khalili Bazaar, which dates back to 1382. Then you will be transferred to Cairo airport to fly to Luxor, where you will be met and assisted then transferred to your Hotel and overnight stay in Luxor.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Sudan Nile Steam Ship - Luxor East Bank
Breakfast at your hotel in Luxor then transfer to the Steam Ship Sudan; boarding before lunch. Settle into your original Edwardian cabin or suite. Gourmet lunch served on board. Today you will be introduced to one of the largest and most impressive archaeological sites in Egypt, the Temple of Karnak. Under the command of the great Pharaohs, this awe inspiring ancient city was built over approximately. 2000 years ago. Walking through this vast open air museum, you will be struck by the almost perfect illustrations that honour the Pharaohs and their Gods. Before re-boarding for dinner, you will have time to explore present day Luxor. There is an option for the evening entertainment, the ‘Sound and Light’ show, which illuminates the Temple of Karnak. Overnight onboard in Luxor.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sudan Nile Steam Ship - Luxor West Bank
The steamship departs early for a day of discovery starting with the Valley of the Kings. Situated on the West Bank of the Nile, these limestone valley houses are the burial chambers of the great Pharaohs, powerful nobles - and later the royal spouses - of the 18th-21st dynasties. 63 magnificent temples of eternal life line the valley including Tutankhamun’s Tomb which was famously discovered by Howard Carter in 1922. The vibrant colour and conservation of the hieroglyphics lining the tomb of Ramses III never ceases to captivate. At approximately 2.30pm, the Steam Ship Sudan will navigate towards Esna, 60km south of Luxor. After passing through the lock at Esna, the ship with cruise under the star filled sky towards Edfu, a further 46km. Overnight at Edfu.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sudan Nile Steam Ship - Kom Ombo & Edfu Temples
A morning exploration of the Temple of Edfu. This sanctuary is considered to be one of the best preserved temples in Egypt. The site, built in honour of the falcon-headed sky god, Horus, whose eyes were the sun and the moon, was abandoned by the Roman Empire in 391 AD. The Temple lay buried under a protective layer of sand until it was excavated by French Egyptologist, Auguste Mariette, in the 1860s. Gourmet lunch served on board.
Leisurely cruising 145km south will unveil the pillars of Kom Ombo resting grandly on the banks of the Nile. Being a favoured basking spot for crocodiles in ancient times, the Temple at Kom Ombo was dedicated to Sobek, the crocodile god. The temple dates back to 180BC during the Ptolemaic era, with notable Roman influences. Sunset over Kom Ombo and dinner on board. The steamship will remain docked at Kom Ombo overnight.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Sudan Nile Steam Ship - Aswan Tours
The Steam Ship Sudan gracefully navigates a further 48km south, past fertile fields and sandy river banks, to reach Aswan at the end of the Nile Valley. It is here where ancient Nubia begins.Today marks your discovery of the Temple of Philae, the domain of the Goddess Isis, the universal mother who reigned over life, death and resurrection. Philae was one of the most important shrines of ancient Egypt and Nubia until 550AD when the Byzantine Emperor, Justinian, ordered its closing after 4000 years of worship. Before dining on board, you will have time to explore the Aswan’s colourful markets where you will find indigo, saffron and other treasures. There is an option for the evening entertainment - the ‘ ‘Sound and Light Show’ which illuminates the Temple of Philae. Overnight on board in Aswan.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Disembark the Sudan Steam Ship - Aswan Stay
Here marks the end of your journey with breakfast on board your Nile cruise steamship in Aswan followed by disembarkation and transfer by exclusive car and driver to your hotel in Aswan for check in with free personal leisure time and optional excursions available in Aswan. Overnight in Aswan.
Aswan to Cairo by Air - Optional Abu Simbel Tour
Breakfast at your hotel in Aswan with free personal leisure time and an optional excursion to Abu Simbel Temple (highly recommended) out of Aswan by Personal Guide and exclusive car or a flight option instead then transfer to Aswan Airport to fly to Cairo Upon arrival in Cairo you will be transferred to your Hotel for free personal leisure time and overnight stay in Cairo.
Cairo - Home
Breakfast at your hotel with some free personal leisure time in Cairo followed by transfer to Cairo International Airport to catch your inbound flight back home.
- Steam engine room on show for guests to view.
- 24/7 Reception
- Medical attention available at all times
- Small shop with local souvenirs
- Occasional entertainment program
- English and French languages spoken by the personnel on board
- Panoramic bar lounge
- Laundry service if required
- Payments on board are made in cash & credit cards
- All cabins have panoramic Nile views
- Bathtubs and shower attachment
- Safety deposit box
- Air conditioning
- Internal telephone
- Authentic 19th century period furniture in all cabins
- Daily housekeeping in all cabins
- Prices - Per Person in Sterling Per Tour and can be paid in US$ or Euros by credit card via a secure payment system with no extra surcharge.Current prices valid through April 30.2017 excluding Christmas Holidays.
- Payment - Early Reservations advised to avoid disappointment in securing your spaces..Booking secured upon receipt of a 25% deposit. During the Christmas holidays, packages require a deposit of 50%. forming part of your final payment.
- Transportation - Transport for all tours included: domestic flights, trains, and air conditioned vehicles by road.Wi-Fi, Bottled water and ice box all included whilst travelling by road. All are new vehicles of the latest design and technology.
- Food and drinks - Nile Cruise Boats offer lunch on arrival and breakfast on your departure. On board, all meals are included along with certain drinks. Alcoholic drinks served at the bar and restaurants are at an additional cost
- Excursions - Included are the sites enroute including Luxor: Luxor and Karnak Temples, Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple, Colossi of Memnon,along the Nile to Aswan including Edfu and Kom Ombo Temples.In Aswan,High Dam, Philae Temple, Unfinished Obelisk
- Tour Guides - Are available to assist you with transfers to and from Airports, Hotels assisting at Airports with Visa, tickets, luggage. All tours of the sites in Egypt include constant guidance of a highly qualified Egyptologist Tour Guide.
- Travelling with Children - Children delight in touring the Pyramids, Temples and Tombs in Egypt as often it is part of their school study programme. Memphis Tours offers packages to suit all ages with excellent combined multi location destinations such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile Cruise and the Red Sea Resorts.
- Wheelchair Travellers - Specially adapted Nile Cruise boat MS Amarco 1 has all amenities for wheelchairs and special assistance customers on the boat and disembarking for tours. Assistance from the Boat Crew and Tour Guides are always ready and available.For Wheelchair adapted tours and packages in Egypt (Please click here).
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware