Tour to Deir El Medina, Asasif Tombs and Howard Carter House
Approx. 4 hours
About 08:00 PM
A perfect opportunity to visit the hidden sites in Luxor, the World`s greatest open air museum on this day tour to the west bank to discover the ancient Egyptian village of Deir El Medina, the Asasif Tombs next to the Temple of Hatshepsut and Howard Carter House and Museum.
- Assistance of our personnel during the day tour
- Professional English-speaking Egyptologist Guide during the tour
- Transportation by private air-conditioned deluxe vehicle
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sights in Luxor
- Bottled water and soft drinks on board vehicle
- Shopping tours during the tour in Luxor bazaars
- Service charges and taxes included in tour price
- Personal spending
Your first stop will be at Deir El Medina, an ancient Egyptian village which once belonged and was inhabited by the artisans who worked on the tombs in the Valley of the Kings during the 18th to 20th dynasties. The workmen living there were named ‘Servants in the Place of Truth’.During 1922, archaeologist Bernard Bruyère began excavating the site. This excavation revealed one of the best accounts of community life in the ancient world that spans almost four hundred years.
Moving on to visit and explore the Asasif Tombs next to the Temple of Hatshepsut, not often visited due to lack of visitors not being one of the main publicised sites. The tombs were built for dignitaries during the 25th and 26th Dynasties when Nubian Kings were ruling. Whilst the tombs did not survive in tact of their original structures, there still remains some fine reliefs and paintings.
Move on for your final tour of the day to see the wonderful unchanged history and artifacts of Howard Carter House and Museum. It has now been restored to its former state by the famous Egyptologist and Archaeologist Dr Zahi Hawass in memory of Howard Carter. Take a fascinating insight into the life of Howard Carter whilst moving around the house with a real Howard Carter lecturing you from a 20 minute film presented by a holographic Howard Carter who transports you back to the time of the discovery and shares the excitement of the opening of the tomb of Tutankhamun. Finally you will be escorted back to your hotel in Luxor.
- Prices - Per Person in Sterling Per Tour and can be paid in US$ or Euros by credit card via a secure payment system with no extra surcharge.Current prices valid through April 30.2017.
- Payment - Reservations should be made as early as possible to secure your places on required tour. A full payment will be required when confirming your booking as requested and can be paid by credit or debit card (Visa / MasterCard) via Verisign Secured payment system on our website.
- Transportation - Transport for all tours included: domestic flights, trains, and air conditioned vehicles by road. Wi-Fi, Bottled water and ice box all included whilst travelling by road. All are new vehicles of the latest design and technology.
- Tour Guides - Are always there to meet and greet you from your pickup point and return. All tours of the sites in Egypt include constant guidance of a highly qualified Egyptologist Tour Guide both on included and optional tours.
- Travelling with Children in Egypt - Children delight in touring the Pyramids, Temples and Tombs in Egypt as often it is part of their school study programme. Memphis Tours offers packages to suit all ages with excellent combined multi location destinations such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile Cruise and the Red Sea Resorts.
- Wheelchair Travellers - Memphis Tours are particularly keen to promote and cater for disabled and wheelchair clients with specially adapted transportation for easy accessibility. (Please click here).
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware