Sonesta Amirat Dahabeya Nile Cruise
"Sonesta Amirat Dahabeya Cruise" Amirat was launched in February, 2009 – Offering a River Nile cruise experience like no other on the Nile. Sailing for an 8 day cruise between Luxor to Aswan and vice versa, It is intended to take you back in time to a gentler, more gracious era on the Nile. Cabins are 5 deluxe and 2 elegant suites with sliding glass balconies with private lounges.
Upon arrival Luxor you will be met and assisted by our Memphis Tours Representative and transferred to the Sonesta Amirat Dahabeya cruise.Embarkation in Luxor for a relaxing week sailing the Nile on a Luxuriously appointed Dahabeya. After Lunch, Excursion to visit the magnificent Temple complex of Amon-Ra at Karnak, with its vast hypostyle hall of 137 columns, followed by the imposing 28th Dynasty of Luxor Temple. Overnight moored on the Nile Banks of Luxor
You will visit the West Bank for visits to the burial places of the Pharaohs Valley of the Kings where Howard Carter discovered the tomb of Tutankhamen in 1922. Continue to the adjacent dof the Queens, the Temple of Medinet Habu and the Colossi of Memnon. Sailing on to Esna (noon time). then docking overnight near to Esna.
Today will be a leisurely day. After Breakfast you commence sailing taking in the breathtaking taking and tranquil views of the Nile and daily life there. Overnight moored beside a Nile Island.
This morning you will sail to Edfu to visit the wonderfully preserved Temple of Edfu with it’s famed God Horus and impressive and well preserved structure.Overnight moored beside a Nile Island.
Enjoy your daily breakfast whilst sailing on to Kom Ombo, another well preserved and Temple worshipped by Pharaohs of ancient times. Overnight moored beside a Nile Island
Visit kom Ombo to see the Ptolemaic Temple dedicated to the crocodile God Sobek and the falcon-headed Horus, God of the morning sun.A leisurely day sailing to Aswan and moored nearby Aswan’s spectacular Bridge, the Gateway to Aswan.
Breakfast aboard the Dahabeya then disembarkation with free time at leisure in Aswan and transfer to Aswan airport for Departure
Upon arrival in Aswan you will be met and assisted by Memphis Tours Representative and transferred to the Sonesta Amirat Dahabeya cruise. Embarkation in Aswan for a relaxing week sailing the Nile on a Luxuriously appointed Dahabeya.Overnight, the ship moors on the Nile Banks of Aswan
Today after breakfast,you will visit the Aswan High Dam (completed in 1971); the Old Dam (completed in 1902) You will also visit the Philae Temple, dedicated to the goddess Isis, a structure rescued from the rising waters of Lake Nasser at the time of the High Dam's construction. Sailing on to Kom Ombo (noon time). Overnight near by Kom Ombo.
Morning sail into Kom Ombo to visit the Polemaic Temple dedicated to the crocodile God Sobek and the falcon-headed Horus, God of the morning sun. Overnight moored beside a Nile Island.
This morning you will sail to Edfu to visit the wonderfully preserved Temple of Edfu and its famously well preserved structure. Overnight moored beside an Island.
Today will be a leisurely day; After Breakfast, commence sailing to Esna, and passing the lock, then your Dahabeya will moor beside a Nile Island.
This morning you will sail to luxor and visit the magnificent temple complex of Amon-Ra at Karnak, with its vast hypostyle hall of 137 columns, followed by the imposing 28th Dynasty Luxor Temple. Overnight moored in Luxor.
Breakfast aboard the Dahabeya followed by disembarkation with free time in Luxor and transfer to Luxor airport for Departure.
- Private, direct-dial telephone
- Individual climate control
- Safety deposit box
- Television and Marine Satellite Program
- Bathrooms equipped with full size tubs
- All Cabins and Suites are non-smoking. Smoking is allowed only in open areas
- Accommodation on board Dahabiya Nile Cruise on full board basis
- Meet and greet service upon arrival & departure
- All transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking guide during your tours.
- Sightseeing visit to historical places as per itinerary
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places.
- Service charges and all applicable taxes included in Dahabiya price
- Accommodation aboard 5* cruise on full board basis
- All shore excursions along the Nile cruise journey
- Excursion to Karnak temple
- Excursions to the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple
- Excursions to Edfu Temple as per cruise itinerary
- Excursion to Kom Ombo Temple as per cruise itinerary
- Excursions to Philae Temple, High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk
- Excursions to Elephantine Island and the Botanical Gardens in Aswan
- Felucca sailing ( typical Egyptian sailing boat ) on the River Nile
- Entrance fees to all sights between Luxor and Aswan are included
- Professional Egyptologist Guide for all shore excursions aboard cruise
- Service charges and all applicable taxes at present included
- Personal spending money
- Tipping to Guides and Boat crew
- Prices - Prices per person are quoted in Sterling but can also be paid in US$ or Euros by credit or debit card via a secure credit card payment system. Any additional bank charges on bookings will be covered by Memphis Tours. Current prices are valid through September 30th 2015 and exclude Christmas, New Year and Easter vacation holidays in Egypt.
- Payment - Reservations should be made as early as possible to avoid disappointment in securing your specific required tour package.Your booking will be secured upon receipt of a 25% deposit. Please note that during the Christmas and New Year holidays, tour packages require a deposit of 50%. This deposit forms part of your final payment by credit or debit cards via our secured payment system.
- Transportation - All transport within your tours is included such as domestic flights, trains, and air conditioned vehicles by road. Wi - Fi can be provided in road vehicles, therefore please inform us on booking if you require Wi- Fi whilst travelling by road along with complimentary bottled water. All our vehicles are new and of the latest design and technology.
- Food and drinks - The Nile Cruise Boats offer lunch on arrival at your boat and breakfast on your departure. Once on board, all meals are included along with certain drinks. However, please note that alcoholic drinks served at the bar and restaurants are at an additional cost.
- Excursions - Excursions included are the sites enroute including at Luxor) Luxor and Karnak Temples, Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut temple, Colossi of Memnon, and along the Nile to Aswan including Edfu and Kom Ombo Temples and in Aswan, The High Dam, Philae temple and the Unfinished Obelisk.Tours such as Abu Simbel from Aswan are optional tours at an additional charge.
- Entertainment - There is a nightly entertainment programme on all Cruises with Music, Dancing, Local Egyptian traditional musicians and dancers all included in your sailing itinerary.
- Tour Guides and Representatives - Throughout your holiday from arrival to departure, you will have the constant assistance of our Memphis Tour Representatives who are responsible for your transfers to and from Airports, Hotels and resorts and will assist at the Airports with Visa, tickets and luggage and are there to answer any questions you may have. Once you start your tours of the sites in Egypt, you will have the constant guidance of your highly qualified Egyptologist Tour Guide both on included and optional tours.
- Travelling with Children in Egypt - Many children delight in touring the Pyramids, Temples and Tombs in Egypt as often it is part of their school study programme. Therefore Memphis Tours offers packages and tours to suit all ages with excellent combined ‘twin centre’ and multi location destinations such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan (Egypt Family Tours and Nile Cruise) and the Red Sea Resorts.
- Wheelchair Travellers - Our specially adapted Nile Cruise boat MS Amarco 1 has all the amenities for wheelchairs and special assistance customers both on the boat and when disembarking for tours. Assistance from the Boat Crew and your Tour Guide is always ready and available. Please do not hesitate to ask for any assistance when required. Please check the following link for more information.
- Live Chat Consultants - A very quick and effective way to get answers quickly and efficiently is to consult one of our ‘Live Chat’ Consultants who are ready 24 hours a day, to answer any questions you may have. They are knowledgeable in English and can assist you quickly with enquiries such as bookings, tours, Airlines etc.
- Tailor - Made Holidays - A holiday is a special occasion and often means spending your savings. Therefore, you need to make sure that it is the Holiday that you want. Here at Memphis Tours we are more than flexible in adapting your Holiday to what YOU require and can easily ‘Tailor’ it to your requirements
Luxor - EgyptAir (Scheduled), Easyjet ( Charter), Monarch (Charter)
Sharm el Sheikh - Easyjet (Charter), Monarch (Charter)
Hurghada - Easyjet (Charter), Monarch (Charter)
More relaxed clothing in the Red Sea areas like Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh