Day Tour to Alexandria from Cairo by Road
An opportunity to an insight of a different Ancient history in Alexandria from Cairo by road, that of the ‘Greco- Roman’ period during the reign of Alexander the Great. The excursion will include visits to the Old Catacombs, Pompey’s Pillar and Qaitbay Citadel. A real mix of ancient cultures between Cairo and Alexandria. Well worth discovering.
- Pick up and return service
- All transfers by A/C vehicle
- Professional English-speaking Tour Guide
- Assistance during tours
- Entrance fees to the sights
- Lunch at a quality restaurant
- Bottled water during the tour
- Shopping tours through bazaars
- Service charges and taxes included
- Personal spending
- Optional activities
Picked up from your hotel in Cairo by your private experienced Egyptologist Tour Guide and driver to travel to Alexandria, located 220km Northwest on the Mediterranean coast. A stunning and scenic full day tour to experience the highlights of Ancient Greco- Roman Alexandria visiting the Catacombs of Kom El-Shoukafa and the Royal Cemetery of Kom El-shoqafa,a historical archaeological site and considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages. Pompey's Pillar, a Roman triumphal column, is one of the best-known ancient monuments still standing in Alexandria today, and it is the last of the remaining relics of the Seraphium. The Pillar was erected in honor of Emperor Diocletian. Lunch will be served at good quality restaurant during the day then you will continue on to visit the Citadel of Qaitbey, built on the ruins of the famous Lighthouse of Alexandria by Sultan Al-Ashraf Sayf al-Din Qaitbay. You will visit the large and famous Alexandria Library, reconstructed by building the new library in Selsela at Shatby Which is beside the conference centre. The library is one of the greatest cultural and scientific centres that specialize in the affairs of, literature, civilization, sciences and arts of the area so this attract scholars from all over the world. Finally you will be escorted by your guide and transported back to your hotel in Cairo.
- Prices - Per Person in Sterling Per Tour and can be paid in US$ or Euros by credit card via a secure payment system with no extra surcharge.Current prices valid through April 30.2017.
- Payment - Reservations should be made as early as possible to secure your places on required tour and we accept booking 1 day prior to tour starting .Your booking will be secured upon receipt of a 25% deposit Once completed, our Representative will take the balance of payment when you are collected for your tour.(cash or credit and debit cards accepted).
- Transportation - Transport for all tours included: domestic flights, trains, and air conditioned vehicles by road. Wi-Fi, Bottled water and ice box all included whilst travelling by road. All are new vehicles of the latest design and technology.
- Tour Guides - Are always there to meet and greet you from your pickup point and return. All tours of the sites in Egypt include constant guidance of a highly qualified Egyptologist Tour Guide both on included and optional tours.
- Travelling with Children in Egypt - Children delight in touring the Pyramids, Temples and Tombs in Egypt as often it is part of their school study programme. Memphis Tours offers packages to suit all ages with excellent combined multi location destinations such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile Cruise and the Red Sea Resorts.
- Wheelchair Travellers - Memphis Tours are particularly keen to promote and cater for disabled and wheelchair clients with specially adapted transportation for easy accessibility. (Please click here).
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware