Abu Simbel and Lake Nasser Safari from Aswan
Lake Nasser In Upper Egypt is one of the largest man made Lakes in the world. It is a National Heritage site with outstanding natural beauty consisting of an abundance of wildlife, surrounding desert and dunes, ancient Temples such as Abu Simbel and many around the lake. There are unlimited adventures and sites to explore such as fishing, Crocodile watching, jeep and Quad Safari, local Nubian Villages, sunsets and unspoilt star gazing. Often neglected as a tourist spot, Lake Nasser is indeed an unmissable experience for nature lovers and families.
- Pick up service from your Hotel in Aswan and return
- Professional English-speaking Egyptologist Tour Guide
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places
- Lunch during Tours on days 2 & 3
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle on day 1 & 3
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned 4x4 Jeep on day 2
- Motor Boat on the Lake on day 3 for 2 hours.
- Bottled water on board your vehicle
- All service charges and taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the programme
- Tipping to Guides, Boat staff, Drivers
Day 1 - Temples of Abu Simbel / Sound and Light Show
Pick up in the morning at 03.00am from your Hotel in Aswan by a Memphis Tours Representative and be transferred with your expert English speaking Tour Guide for your full day of exciting adventure Tour of Abu Simbel and Lake Nasser. (journey time approximately 3 hours by air conditioned vehicle).
First stop of the day will be the Magnificent Sun Temples at Abu Simbel, designed by the Pharaoh Ramses II known as the ‘Great Builder’. Two Temples, that of Ramses II and his favoured wife Nefertari sit alongside each other on the edge of the Lake. In 1813, they were almost completely covered with sand then both Temples were moved in 1960 by the help of the Egyptian Government and UNESCO to avoid the rising waters of the Nile. Ramses II built the Temples mostly to honour himself as inside there is a mural depicting his famous victory at the Battle of Qadesh where his army defeated their enemies.The Nefertari Temple was built by Ramses II in honour of his favourite wife Queen Nefertari amongst another 200 wives and concubines. Time in the afternoon to look around the lovely area of Lake Nasser before the evening when you will be escorted to see the spectacular ‘Sound and Light Show’ at Abu Simbel which is considered the best Light show in all of Egypt.Overnight stay in Abu Simbel at the Seti Abu Simbel Hotel.
Meals : Lunch
Day 2: Shoukan Area discovery
At 11:00 am you will be driven by air conditioned vehicle / 4X4 Jeep to an area known as Shoukan (about 20 minutes / 20 km by car from the city of Abu Simbel) Lunch will be served in the desert followed by a wonderful climb up the nearby mountain to watch the sunset over lake Nasser witnessing and listening the wildlife settling down for the night. The beauty of the area is panoramic with the opportunity to take some stunning photographs. Climbing the Mountain (Similar to the Sphinx) at 03:00 pm to enjoy Sunset and back, then transfer back to Abu Simbel.
You will then be transferred to your Hotel in Abu Simbel for an overnight stay.
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch
Day 3 - Kkur Al Souk Area
At 09:00 am you will be transferred to enjoy a delightful Motor Boat ride on Lake Nasser with wonderful photo opportunities of the Temples of Abu Simbel (for about 1 hour). There is an opportunity to try and see the famous Egyptian Nile crocodiles which inhabit a certain area of the Lake yet kept a safe distance from any swimming areas. The crocodiles can be quite elusive, especially when they hear the sound of motorboats and voices, so it is recommended to stay very quiet on approach to the area. Following this in the boat, you will visit Khur Al Souk where you will meet Local People of the Alepesharia Tribe of Nubian descent. A delicious lunch will be served at Khur Al Souk.At the end of the tour, your air conditioned vehicle will transfer you back to Aswan (approxmately 3 hours) to your Hotel.
Meals : Breakfast, Lunch
- Prices - Per Person in Sterling Per Tour and can be paid in US$ or Euros by credit card via a secure payment system with no extra surcharge.Current prices valid through April 30.2017.
- Payment - Reservations should be made as early as possible to secure your places on required tour. A full payment will be required when confirming your booking as requested and can be paid by credit or debit card (Visa / MasterCard) via Verisign Secured payment system on our website.
- Transportation - Transport for all tours included: domestic flights, trains, and air conditioned vehicles by road. Wi-Fi, Bottled water and ice box all included whilst travelling by road. All are new vehicles of the latest design and technology.
- Tour Guides - Are always there to meet and greet you from your pickup point and return. All tours of the sites in Egypt include constant guidance of a highly qualified Egyptologist Tour Guide both on included and optional tours.
- Travelling with Children in Egypt - Children delight in touring the Pyramids, Temples and Tombs in Egypt as often it is part of their school study programme. Memphis Tours offers packages to suit all ages with excellent combined multi location destinations such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile Cruise and the Red Sea Resorts.
- Wheelchair Travellers - Memphis Tours are particularly keen to promote and cater for disabled and wheelchair clients with specially adapted transportation for easy accessibility. (Please click here).
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware