Egypt and Jordan Historical Tour
A treat of a tour on this 12 day Egypt and Jordan Historical Tour with a fascinating insight into Ancient cultures. Arriving in Egypt to spend time around the Pyramids and Great Sphinx, along with the Museum, Old Coptic Christian Cairo and the Citadel of Saladin. Then transfer to Luxor to witness the famous Valley of the Kings and Temples in Luxor, then a gentle yet exciting Nile cruise watching the local life unchanged for centuries with more temples enroute. Included in your Egypt and Jordan Historical Tour you will delight in colourful Nubian Aswan with it’s friendly people and more tours such as Aswan Dam and Philae Temple. Then on to Jordan with the Ancient Nabatean culture at Red Rock City of Petra , the Dead Sea for therapy and more.
- Meet and greet service by our Representatives Arrival and Departures at Airport(s)
- Assistance of our Personal during your stay, tours and excursions
- All sightseeing tour on the cruise sharing cruise group
- All transfers by private a/c deluxe van class
- Flight ticket Cairo to Aswan by EgyptAir
- Flight ticket Luxor to Cairo by EgyptAir
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Cairo Hotel of your choice with breakfast
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Aswan Hotel of your choice with breakfast
- Accommodation for 3 nights on board 5* cruise Aswan-Luxor on full board
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Amman Jordan Hotel of your choice with breakfast
- Tour to Pyramids, Sphinx, Valley Temple, Sakkara and Memphis
- Tour to Egyptian Museum, Citadel Mosques and Coptic Churches
- Tour to the Aswan High Dam and Temple of Philae in Aswan
- Tour to Kom Ombo Temple and Edfu Temple enroute
- Tour to Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple on the East Bank of the Nile
- Tour to Valley of the Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and Colossi of Memnon on the West Bank
- Tour to Petra to see the major sights as described above in itinerary
- Short horse ride in Petra
- Tour to town of Madaba, Mount Nebo and the Dead Sea in Jordan
- Lunch meals during tours in Giza / Cairo / Petra / Amman
- Free Bottled water on board the bus during all Egypt tours
- Entrance fees to the sights in Cairo/Aswan to Luxor/Petra / Amman in Jordan
- English speaking Guide in Cairo / Giza and Aswan to Luxor
- English speaking on the spot Guide in Petra Jordan about 3 hours
- English speaking assistant to Madaba, Mount Nebo and Dead Sea
- Service charges and taxes included throughout the tours
- Free loan of mobile phone during your stay in Egypt charged against 30 min local calls / 2 min. international calls
- International airfare
- Entry visa to Egypt and Jordan
- Personal spending
- Optional excursions
- Tipping for boat staff and Guides
Day 01: Arrival Cairo - Welcome
Arrive in Cairo to discover the contrasts of this ancient city both Ancient and Modern. Our Memphis Tours Representative will meet you at Cairo International Airport and then accompany you to your Hotel for check in with free welcome drink. Tonight, you have the chance to relax, explore, or take an optional excursion at the Pyramids for the incredible Sound and Light Show. After you will return to your Hotel and then the night is at leisure. Overnight Cairo.
Day 02: Pyramids Tour
* Please note - There is an extra charge to enter any of the Pyramids. Please speak to your Guide if you require tickets.
Day 03: Cairo Tours - Fly to Aswan
Check-out after breakfast and then you will be taken for a guided tour to the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities that was built in the neo-classical style by the French architect Marcel Dourgenon, the Museum housing over 120,000 objects from different Pharaonic eras especially those of the child king Tutankhamen. Proceed to the Citadel of Saladin and Mohammed Ali`s Alabaster Mosque inside that was built in Turkish style and very similar to the Blue Mosque in Turkey and simply considered to be one of the landmarks in Cairo whose minaret can be seen from any part of old Cairo.Lunch en route at good quality restaurant in Cairo downtown. Then drive to the Old Cairo to visit the old Coptic churches and the fortress of Babylon where the holy family took refuge. Leaves the Church of St Barbara and St. George's church to the Islamic Cairo and Khan El Khalili bazaars and Old Market with free time to walk around and discover the amazing area. Then after your full day touring, you will be transferred to Cairo Airport to fly to Aswan, where you will be met and assisted by a Representative and transferred to your Hotel in Aswan for free welcome drink upon arrival and check with free time in Aswan for overnight stay. Time to walk around lovely Aswan City and old Souk ( market).
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 04: Aswan - Optional Abu Simbel Tour
Enjoy your breakfast at the Hotel in Aswan and free time at your Hotel in Aswan with an optional excursion to Abu Simbel temples (Abu Simbel remains one of Egypt's top tourist attractions) to see the magnificence of these two Temples, the main Temple of Ramses 11 and the Temple dedicated to his wife Nefertari. They are undisputedly one of the world's most breathtaking monuments and Egypt’s second most visited tourist site (the Pyramids of Giza being on the top of the list) the most remarkable feature of the temple of Abu-Simbel is that the construction is oriented in a way that twice a year, the morning sun rays shine through the length of the inner temple cave and illuminate the statues of the Gods seated at the end of the cave illuminate the sculptures on the back wall,except for the statue of Ptah, the god connected with the Underworld, who always remained in the dark.Then you will be transferred back to your hotel for a peaceful overnight stay in Aswan.
* Please Note: Other optional tours are available in Aswan to the Nubian Museum and Nubian Villages, Kitchener’s Island and Old Souk of Aswan City.
Day 05: Aswan Nile Cruise Tours
Breakfast at your Hotel in Aswan, Then you will be transferred to embark your Nile River Cruise in Aswan, where we will enjoy the next 4 days / 3 nights deluxe Nile cruise holiday between Aswan and Luxor. Afternoon time you will be accompanied by your Egyptologist Guide for an exciting tour to the world famous Aswan High Dam, an engineering miracle when it was built in the 1960s and contains 18 times the material used in the Great Pyramid of Cheops. Continue to the granite quarries which supplied the ancient Egyptian Pharaohs with most of the hard stone used in Pyramids and Temples. The quarries still hold the famous Unfinished Obelisk. Then you will be taken by motorboat to the island of Egilka to visit the majestic Philae Temple, a Nubian structure that was dedicated to the Goddesses Isis. There is a final optional evening excursion for the sound and light show at the Temple of Philae. Return to your boat for dinner with free time at leisure in Aswan and overnight stay aboard the cruise.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 06:Nile Cruise Shore Excursions
Sail to Kom Ombo. After breakfast will be accompanied by your English speaking Guide to visit Kom Ombo Temple, home of the Crocodile-headed God of fertility Sobek, creator of the world, and Horus. Lunch and afternoon tea onboard your cruise with free time at leisure whilst sailing to Edfu to explore Edfu Temple of Horus, one of the best-preserved Ancient Egyptian temples on the Nile. Continue the cruise down the Nile to Luxor. Dinner and overnight stay onboard cruise in Luxor.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 07: Luxor Nile Cruise Excursions
Breakfast on board your Nile cruise, then you will be taken over to the West bank of the River Nile to visit the Valley of the Kings, where the magnificent tombs of the Ancients were discovered (including the boy King Tutankhamun). These tombs were carved deep into the desert rock, richly decorated and filled with treasures for the afterlife of the pharaohs, you will visit 3 tombs.(The three tombs visited are determined by the Egyptian Government as to preserve them from the large flow of visitors, therefore are rotated throughout the year and cannot be confirmed as to which tombs prior to your visit). Continue the tour to visit the Hatshepsut temple at El Deir El Bahary, this impressive temple dedicated to the Queen Hatshepsut the only female pharaoh rises out of the desert plain in a series of terraces and merges with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it. and then visit the two colossal statues of Amenhotep III (Colossi of Memnon).
* Note: Optional tour of the Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 08: Luxor Nile Cruise Tours - Fly to Cairo
Day 09: Cairo - Fly to Amman, Jordan
Breakfast at your Hotel in Cairo and then you will be met and assisted by a Representative and transferred to Cairo international Airport to fly to Amman in Jordan. Upon arrival at the Airport in Jordan, our Representative will meet and assist you through the customs and immigration procedures. Transfer to the hotel in Amman for free welcome drink and check in with free leisure time in Amman and overnight stay.
Meals: Breakfast, Welcome Drink
Day 10: Amman to Madaba and the Dead Sea
Breakfast, then with your Tour Guide and driver then driven to the town of Madaba, where you will discover the ancient wonder, a beautifully crafted 6th century Mosaic in the floor of the Old Greek Orthodox Church of Saint George, which is a map of depicting the biblical regions from Libya to Egypt. . After that, a stunning view of Mount Nebo, the location where the Holy Prophet Moses was said to have gazed across at the Promised Land. He is said to have been buried at this place. An old Monastery overlooking the Jordan Valley, along with the Dead Sea and parts of the Holy Land are the next stop on your tour. Finally, a drive to what is known as the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. Here you have leisure time and the chance to float on the famous water’s known to ‘float’ a person and not sink! Also, it is known for it’s mineral and mud properties for therapeutic benefits.Then you will be transferred back to Amman for free leisure time and relaxation. Overnight at your hotel in Amman.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 11: Amman to Petra, Jordan
After breakfast, you will begin your day tour in Petra, the biggest most famous attraction in Jordan. Petra was a Nabatean Civilisation established around the 6th century B.C, a Nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundations of the Rock city. An option of horse ride or by foot to the Canyon, (the so called Siq), then by foot to the inspiring monument known as the Treasury. Other Monuments are the Street of Facades, the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh’s Castle. After the tour we will drive 2.5 hours back to your Amman Hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 12: Amman, Jordan - Fly Back Home
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Queen Alia International Airport in Amman for final departure.
- Le Meridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa
- MS Nile Goddess Nile Cruise
- Movenpick Island Aswan
- Le Meridien Cairo Airport Hotel
- Geneva Hotel Amman
- Fairmont Nile City Hotel
- Sonesta St. George I Nile Cruise
- Moevenpick Island Aswan
- Fairmont Heliopolis Hotel
- Marriott hotel Amman
- Prices - Per Person in Sterling Per Tour and can be paid in US$ or Euros by credit card via a secure payment system with no extra surcharge. Current prices valid through April 30.2017 excluding Christmas Holidays.
- Payment - Early Reservations advised to avoid disappointment in securing your spaces..Booking secured upon receipt of a 25% deposit. During the Christmas holidays, packages require a deposit of 50%. forming part of your final payment. Packages and vacations which include International flights will require the full flight cost and deposit (25% or 50%) due to the regulations of the Airlines who require full payment
- Transportation - Transport for all tours included: domestic flights, trains, and air conditioned vehicles by road.Wi-Fi, Bottled water and ice box all included whilst travelling by road. All are new vehicles of the latest design and technology.
- Tour Guides - Are available to assist you with transfers to and from Airports, Hotels assisting at Airports with Visa, tickets, luggage. All tours of the sites in Egypt include constant guidance of a highly qualified Egyptologist Tour Guide.
- Travelling with Children - Children delight in touring the Pyramids, Temples and Tombs in Egypt as often it is part of their school study programme. Memphis Tours offers packages to suit all ages with excellent combined multi location destinations such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile Cruise and the Red Sea Resorts.
- Wheelchair Travellers - Specially adapted Nile Cruise boat MS Amarco 1 has all amenities for wheelchairs and special assistance customers on the boat and disembarking for tours. Assistance from the Boat Crew and Tour Guides are always ready and available.For Wheelchair adapted tours and packages in Egypt (Please click here).
Travel Experience Since 1955
Memphis Tours is one of the pioneers which have great impact on travel industry for more than 55 years of experience.
Personalized Travel Services
Whatever your travel dreams, together we can custom-design the perfect itinerary with highly personalized services just for you
We Speak Your Language
A multilingual website offers content in 8 different languages English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Japanese and Chinese
Flexibility to Change
We know how important it is for travellers to have the flexibility to change their itinerary due to some reasons or force majeure
Your Safety and Security
A professional will accompany the guests to all of the places; they will never be left alone to fend for themselves
High Quality Service
We do believe honestly that quality should come first and quantity would come later and our main objective focused on (Quality is our Top Priority)
Customer Service 24/7
We offer Customer Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by phone and email for questions about our tours and services
Support Sustainable Tourism
We are attempting to make a low impact on the environment and local culture, while helping to generate future employment for local people
Secure Online Payment
Our website is protected by the world′s most secure online payment system VeriSign Secure
Secure Website by MacAfee
Memphis Tours website is a McAfee Secure site that helps keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud and spyware